Travel Media – December 2021
Who will your customers be in 2022? How do you reach them? What is the best strategy for you? What tools should you implement? For sure I don’t have all the answers. But I do have some suggestions that could help you. Allow me to work backwards through the questions I pose.
- What tools do I have at hand and can implement? One tool you have that is both unique to you and affordable: Stories about your business and people. Stories about the experiences you offer will help you spread the word and catch the eyes and ears of potential visitors. As important as the affordability, you don’t need to be a writer, a videographer/photographer, or a publisher!
- What kind of strategy do I use to utilize this story telling tool? In keeping with the unique and affordable theme: In collaboration with Destination BC we here at Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism encourage you to participate in our Visiting Journalist Program. The program is straight forward: We help find you journalists’ and if they meet basic vetting criteria, we bring them into the region. We work in partnership with you and the journalists with the intent of finding stories that resonate with their audiences and connect them to you and your products.
- How do I reach future customers that fit my style of business? As you know, it’s hard to beat good old word of mouth recommendations. Arguably one of the next best ways to spread the word of your business is by having a journalist personally experience your outfit and circulate their story about it to their like-minded audience.
- This brings us back to; Who will your customers be in 2022? If we have learned one thing from the last couple years, it’s “we don’t know the answer”. That said, it is important to pick who you want them to be and let us know. We will do our best to help you find the right voice and journalist that will get the word out to your targeted customer.
- Helping you find the right audience …. (Bonus Info😊) We have brand new Domestic Overnight Visitor Reports and new Adventure Sport Market Research to share with you! Click here!
This is the time of year that we reach out to you for your story ideas and present them to Travel Media at upcoming networking and media shows so we hope to hear from you soon!
Learn more about British Columbia’s Traveling Journalist Program
Contact me: email@example.com 250 392 2226 ext. 206