BC Destination Development Fund
The Destination Development Fund is providing one-time grants to support the development and rejuvenation of tourism infrastructure, assets and experiences to build long term resiliency of the tourism industry post-pandemic. The fund aims to strengthen a year-round visitor economy, invest in a sustainable future through destination stewardship and develop accessible and inclusive destinations that are welcoming to all through two streams: Activate and Elevate.
- Designed for projects that will build or rejuvenate tourism infrastructure, visitor amenities, and tourist attractions.
- Up to $1 Million per project
- Designed for projects that will improve destination competitiveness through modernizing tourism experiences, building capacity and skills, adopting and adapting technology, and enhancing sustainability practices.
- Up to $500,000 per project.
- Local Governments
- Indigenous governments and development corporations
- Not-for-Profit organizations
This fund is a targeted investment to advance the priorities in the Strategic Framework for Tourism 2022-2024 and regional destination development plans. The Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) – Applications accepted NOW until December 7, 2022.
Successful EOIs will be invited to submit a full application. For detailed information about the fund and EOI forms, please visit the website or contact program staff at DestinationDevelopment@gov.bc.ca.