The program supports expanding high-speed internet services to under-served rural, remote and Indigenous communities in British Columbia. The first intake round, which opened Sept. 7, will close on Dec. 15, 2022. The second intake will open for applications the following day at 9 p.m. (Pacific time).
Eligible Applicants: An eligible applicant for the CCBC program is:
- A corporation, either for profit or not-for-profit, that is incorporated in Canada;
- An Indigenous entity including:
- A profit or non-profit organization run by and for First Nations, Métis, or Inuit Peoples;
- A band council within the meaning of section 2 of the Indian Act;
- An Indigenous government authority established by a self-government agreement or a comprehensive land claim agreement;
- A public sector body that is established by statute or by regulation or is wholly owned by a provincial, municipal or regional government, which provides services to communities; or
- A partnership, joint venture or consortium that is composed of parties identified above.And, that:
- Builds owns and operates broadband infrastructure; or
- Enters into a contractual arrangement with an entity identified above to design, build, own and operate broadband infrastructure.
Contact information: For questions regarding the program, please contact staff at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see the recent press release and for additional program details, please visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/connectivity-in-bc/20601